Looking to add some extra height to your vehicle? A Rough Country lift kit is just what you need. Rough Country lift kits give your vehicle the added clearance it needs to tackle any off-road terrain. Rough Country has a kit for you, whether you’re looking to add a few inches of ground clearance or want to go all out with a massive lift. Are rough country lift kits good?
Rough Country Lift kits are typically good because they are cheap and provide enough ground clearance for off-roading. Thus, even if you install a suspension lift kit or a rough country body lift kit, the performance of your off-road vehicle will surely increase.
Types of Rough Country Lift Kits:
1. Rough Country Suspension Lift Kit:
Rough Country suspension lift kits are some of the most popular on the market and for a good reason. They’re affordable, durable, and easy to install. Plus, they give your vehicle a great look and improved performance.
If you’re looking to boost your vehicle’s off-road capabilities, a Rough Country suspension lift kit is a great way to do it. These kits are designed to increase ground clearance and better stability when driving off-road. They also improve your vehicle’s handling and braking.
Rough Country suspension lift kits are available in various sizes so that you can find the perfect one for your vehicle. A lifetime warranty also backs them, so you can rest assured that your investment is protected.
How to Install a Rough County Suspension Lift Kit?
Installing a Rough Country suspension lift kit is a great way to give your vehicle a more aggressive look and improved performance. You’ll need to do several things before installation, including checking the clearance of your driveshaft and shocks, removing the stock suspension, and preparing the new suspension for installation.
- The first step is to remove the stock suspension. This can be done using a jack and stands or a lift. If you’re using a jack and stand, make sure the car is stable before beginning. Remove the bolts from the lower control arms, then disconnect the sway bar linkages and shocks. You can now lower the car to remove the stock suspension.
- If you’re using a lift, raise your car until the suspension is clear of the ground. You can now remove the bolts from the lower control arms and disconnect the sway bar linkages and shocks.
- The next step is to install the Rough Country suspension lift kit. Start by attaching the front upper control arms to the frame using the provided hardware. Then, bolt on the front coil springs and shocks. At this point, you’ll need to check your driveshaft clearance. If everything looks good, you can proceed to install the rear shocks and coil springs.
- Finally, reconnect the sway bar linkages and lower control arms. Once everything is tightened down, you can lower your car and enjoy your new Rough Country suspension lift kit.
2. Rough Country Body Lift Kit:
Rough Country’s body lift kit is the perfect way to add extra clearance to your vehicle. This easy-to-install kit comes with everything you need to raise your body by 2-3 inches, allowing you to clear larger tires and obstacles. The high-quality construction and durable materials make this an excellent choice for anyone looking to add a little extra height to their rig.
How to Install a Rough Country Body Lift Kit?
You can install your body lift kit by following the given steps:
- Park your vehicle on a level surface and engage the emergency brake.
- Jack up the front of your vehicle and support it with jack stands.
- Repeat this process for the rear of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the sway bar end links from the frame using a wrench or socket set.
- Remove the bolts that secure the bumper brackets to the frame using a wrench or socket set.
- Unbolt the body mounts from the frame using a wrench or socket set. It may be necessary to use a pry bar to separate the body from the frame at this point.
- Carefully lower the vehicle’s body down onto jack stands, being careful not to damage the paint.
- Install the body lift kit spacers using the supplied bolts between the body and frame.
- Reattach the body mounts to the frame using the supplied bolts.
- Raise the vehicle’s body back up onto the frame and reattach the bumper brackets using the supplied bolts.
- Reconnect the sway bar end links to the frame using a wrench or socket set.
- Lower your vehicle down off the jack stands and remove them from under the vehicle. Test drive your vehicle to check for proper operation before driving it on public roads.
Type of Rough Country Lift Kit
Durability and Performance
Body Lift Kit
Improves vehicle performance and is relatively stable than suspension lift kit
Suspension Lift Kit
Improves the look of your vehicle ;increases ground clearance, and is more stable
Pros of Rough Country Lift Kit:
If you’re looking to get the most out of your off-roading vehicle, a Rough Country lift kit is a great way to do it. Not only will you be able to tackle more difficult terrain, but you’ll also enjoy several other benefits. Here are some reasons why a Rough Country lift kit is a great choice for off-roaders:
1. Improved Ground Clearance:
One of the biggest advantages of Rough Country lift kits is that they provide improved ground clearance. This is essential for getting over obstacles and avoiding damage to your vehicle.
2. Better Tire Clearance:
Rough Country lift kits also provide better tire clearance, which means you can fit larger tires on your vehicle. This is important for off-roaders who want to be able to traverse difficult terrain.
3. Enhanced Stability:
With a Rough Country lift kit, your vehicle will be more stable on rough terrain, making you less likely to lose control while driving.
4. Improved Performance:
A Rough Country lift kit can also improve your vehicle’s performance, making it easier to navigate challenging off-road terrain.
5. Increased Strength and Durability:
Rough Country lift kits are made with high-quality materials designed to withstand the rigours of off-roading. Your lift kit will last longer and perform better than cheaper alternatives.
6. More Suspension Travel:
With a Rough Country lift kit, you’ll get more suspension travel, which will allow your vehicle to move more freely over rough terrain.
7. Enhanced Articulation:
Rough Country lift kits also improve articulation, which means your vehicle will be able to twist and turn more easily while off-roading.
8. Improved Aesthetics:
A Rough Country lift kit can also improve the aesthetics of your vehicle, making it look more aggressive and capable.
9.Increased Ground Clearance for a Better Ride Quality:
Not only does a Rough Country lift kit provide increased ground clearance for off-roading, but it also gives you a better ride quality on normal roads. This is because the lifted suspension allows for more travel and greater comfort.
10. More Room for Aftermarket Accessories:
With a Rough Country lift kit, you’ll have more room to add aftermarket accessories, such as larger tires or a winch.
11. Better Resale Value:
Finally, a Rough Country lift kit can also help you get more money when you sell your vehicle. This is because lifted vehicles are in high demand, and they often sell for more than stock vehicles.
12. BBB Rating of A+:
Better Business Bureau (BBB) rates Rough Country lift kits as ‘A+’. BBB typically checks a few factors (such as the response of any business towards customers, quality, etc.) before rating any business.
Cons of Rough Country Lift Kit:
But with benefits, several reasons make Rough Country lift kits, not the choices we should make. For instance, several cons are present with rough country lift kits:
- Rough Country lift kits are often more expensive than other brands.
- Installation can be difficult and is often best left to a professional.
- Rough Country lift kits can sometimes cause problems with steering and alignment.
- The increased height can make driving in rough terrain more difficult.
- The increased weight of the vehicle can impact gas mileage and performance.
- Rough Country lift kits can be noisy and may not be suitable for everyone.
- Installation can often lead to damage to the vehicle’s suspension or chassis.
- The higher centre of gravity created by the lift kit can make the vehicle less stable and more prone to rollover accidents.
- The increased height can make getting in and out of the vehicle more difficult.
- It can be not easy to find replacement parts for Rough Country lift kits.
Should You Get A Rough Country Lift Kit?
There are many reasons someone might want to install a suspension lift kit on their vehicle. Perhaps they live in a rough country and need the extra clearance to get over rocks and logs, or they just want their car to look taller and more aggressive.
There are two main suspension lift kits: rough country and body lift kits. Rough country kits give your car more clearance by raising the suspension, while body lift kits simply raise the car’s body above the frame.
Which type of kit you choose will depend on your needs and what you're willing to sacrifice in ride quality and stability. A body lift kit will not affect your car's handling as much as a rough country kit, but it will not give you as much clearance. Conversely, a rough country kit will make your car more stable and give you better clearance, making the ride quality worse.
So, which type of kit is right for you? If you need extra clearance and are willing to sacrifice some ride quality, then a rough country kit is the way to go. If you just want your car to look taller and don’t mind sacrificing some stability, then a body lift kit is the way.
Rough Country lift kit company provides its customer’s installation, repair, and maintenance services.
The company also offers various other products and services related to Rough Country lift kits. These include winches, recovery gear, suspension components, and more.
Rough Country lift kit company is committed to providing the best possible service to its customers. It has a team of highly skilled and experienced technicians who are always ready to help. If you ever have any problems with your Rough Country lift kit or simply need some advice, don’t hesitate to contact the Rough Country lift kit company.
If you are looking to add a Rough Country lift kit to your vehicle, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in terms of service requirements.
1. First, Rough Country lift kits are designed for off-road use, so they require more frequent servicing than your average suspension component.
2. Additionally, Rough Country lift kits require that you have a qualified technician perform the installation, as several factors need to be considered during the installation process.
3. Finally, once your Rough Country lift kit is installed, you will need to have it regularly serviced to ensure that it remains in good working condition.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Are Rough Country products good?
If you’re looking for a good, affordable suspension lift kit for your Jeep or another off-road vehicle, Rough Country may be a good option to consider. Rough Country suspension lift kits are known for being some of the most affordable on the market, and they offer a wide range of options.
Are Rough Country shocks good?
Rough Country shocks are a great option if you’re looking for a good set of shocks to improve your off-roading experience. They’re designed to provide superior performance and durability, making them popular among off-roaders. While they’re not the cheapest option on the market, they’re a good value for the money and offer a great ride.
Who Makes Rough Country suspension?
Rough Country suspension is made by a company called Rough Country Suspension Systems. It is a manufacturer of aftermarket suspension systems, shocks, and accessories for trucks, Jeeps, and SUVs. Rough Country was founded in 2002 and is based in Brentwood, Tennessee.
This is Surya. I am an experienced off-roader. I have been off-roading for many years across several terrains. I am passionate about 4×4 driving and want to share my knowledge and experience with others.
My goal is to provide you with the most comprehensive and unbiased information about off-roading.
I curated this article through my personal experience and expertise, and I hope it helps you with what you are looking for.